ADVERTISEMENT

Decision date: In-state DE Gavin Geweniger

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

Scottsdale-Chaparral edge rusher Gavin Geweniger is ready to make his commitment announcement. The 6-foot-5 prospect is currently rated as the No. 6 player in Arizona in the 2023 class. He took an official visit to Arizona in June and he visited some other schools at that time as well. He heads into the decision having created a final group of Arizona, Washington, Stanford, San Diego State and Colorado. Arizona was definitely one of the favorites early on, but as the process played out Washington gained strong buzz. I've heard that Stanford feels confident it will be his destination as well. He's done a good job of keeping quiet throughout the process, so there is still some mystery to this one. I'm still trying to get a clear read on it, but if forced to pick right now I'd say that Washington is where he will land. I'm still doing some digging though to see if there's a more clear answer a few days out from his announcement.

He's a really impressive player and someone who would continue to help the Wildcats solidify the defensive front.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News