ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona hosts Midwest point guard for a visit

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

Arizona hosted 2023 point guard Malik Olafioye for an unofficial visit this week. He made the swing through Arizona with his family and after visiting ASU and adding an offer from the Sun Devils, the family decided to make the trek down to Tucson to see UA in person. The Wildcats have been slow to host prospects for visits with 2022 big man commit Dylan Anderson being the other notable visitor so far, but that will change soon once the coaching staff has an opportunity to see recruits in person. Tommy Lloyd is going to be slow to offer recruits, so Olafioye does not hold an offer from UA but it is certainly positive to get him out on a trip.

At this point the 6-foot-2 guard doesn't have a ton of high-major offers but that should change this summer once coaches get an opportunity to see him in person. ASU, Georgetown, Houston, Seton Hall and Boston College are some of his notable offers.

I have not had an opportunity to see him play in person myself, but what I have seen on film shows a strong all-around point guard with a knack for scoring while being able to impact the game on both ends of the floor. He's certainly someone to watch in the next class as the Wildcats continue to evaluate him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News