ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting: 4-star Virginia PG releases his top 8

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

Top 8: Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Villanova, Michigan, Northwestern, Dartmouth, Davidson

Rundown: Arizona offered big four-star point guard Angelo Brizzi from Warrenton, Virginia back in May during a flurry of new offers for the 6-foot-4 prospect from Highland High School. Brizzi decided to trim his list of offers down to eight schools on Tuesday with Arizona being one of the programs to make the cut. Brizzi also included Cal and Colorado as two of his other Pac-12 options with a wide array of schools making up the rest of the list.

Georgetown, LSU, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest were some of the notable programs that were left off his list that was released Tuesday.

The Rivals150 recruit is currently rated No. 116 overall and he has gained plenty of traction as a prospect this offseason. His shooting ability is something that stands out and he has mentioned that part of his game is what has attracted a lot of coaches.

“Teams like my shooting, but also when things break down, I’m a pretty good playmaker, good looking for my teammates,” Brizzi previously told The Wolverine. “One of the things coaches say they love is I’m a gritty point guard … will dive on the floor, things like that.”

The Wildcats will always value shooting and Brizzi has impressive range with his jump shot, but he has other parts of his game that allow him to shine as well. As Arizona looks at players who will potentially stick around college for a while, Brizzi makes a lot of sense for the UA coaching staff as a target. He has a well-rounded game that should put him in a position to help whatever program he ends up picking.

Last season he finished the year averaging 20.3 points, 6.6 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 3.2 steals per game.

Brizzi can start to take a deeper look at what he wants most out of a college program now that his list is more manageable and he is able to focus his attention on a select group of schools.

"A basketball program with a great culture, great academics, and a strong connection with the staff and other people I’m going to be around a lot," he said when previously asked by Wildcat Report what he's looking for in a school.

What the expert says: "He is someone that might be better at some respective systems compared to others but is a good-sized guard that can play on and off the ball, brings toughness to the backcourt and can make shots which is why his recruitment has soared in recent months." – Rivals.com's Corey Evans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News